Emily is embarking on some very exciting research with colleagues on perinatal mental health. Specifically, how a particular type of perinatal yoga (not only prenatal yoga) may support a women’s mental health, including the treatment of trauma, during the perinatal time (pregnancy through 1-year postpartum). As the research study is in its very beginning stages, Emily is offering a forum to women (current mothers (both old, or new), and pregnant women) through this “Perinatal Mental Health Awareness” Facebook page.
Here, Emily will pose questions to women such as:
- “What do you think was missing in your perinatal (pre and post-natal) care re: mental health acknowledgement/support (or lack thereof)?”
- “What would you have liked to been added to your perinatal care?”
- “Would you have been open to exploring a particular type of yoga, based on Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga, designed for women, not only during pregnancy, but during the perinatal time?”
- “If offered, what mental health supports were helpful to you?”
*Please “Like” this page if you’d like to receive updates and participate in the dialogue!
- Progress on the research study will also be posted here.