Emily offers on-site specialized workshops or in-service trainings based on your organizations unique needs and interests.
Trauma Center Trauma-Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY) Workshop/Training Offerings
TCTSY is an evidence-based adjunctive treatment for complex trauma or chronic, treatment-resistant Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). A program of the Center for Trauma and Embodiment (CFTE) at JRI, it is the only empirically validated yoga-based practice of its kind to have met the criteria for inclusion in the National Registry of Evidenced-based Programs and Policies (NREPP) in 2017.
1/2 Day TCTSY Workshops
- Typically 3-hours in length, this 1/2 day workshop will include a brief overview of TCTSY’s key theoretical underpinnings and practices, including how to incorporate some of it’s methodology into your yoga practice or class offerings.
- Well-suited for yoga studios and yoga teachers who may want to become more trauma-informed; or deepen their understanding of the impacts of trauma on the body
- Can be incorporated into a Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) to offer a module on trauma-sensitivity and inclusivity in class offerings and approach to yoga
- Can be open to general public, or offered to a closed group of yoga teachers or educators (often some combination)
20-hour TCTSY Trainings
- This 20-hour (16 hours in person over one weekend; 4 hours self-study) foundational training will emphasize the core components of the practice and process of trauma-sensitive yoga, and how they relate to any anti-oppressive and trauma-informed work.
- This training will review the significant effects of trauma on the brain, body, and relationships (personal, professional and systemic), as well as the psychological and neuroscientific underpinnings of the TCTSY model.
- Participants may include, but are not limited to, yoga instructors, social workers, mental health clinicians, educators, activists, bodyworkers and healers, or other health care professionals.
- Experiential in design, participants will gain specific tools to both practice and facilitate trauma-sensitive movement and breath practices vital to the healing process of complex trauma, with focus on movements and language that actively share power and agency with practitioners.
- Key aspects of how to build a trauma-sensitive yoga class or program will also be explored.
- While this training qualifies as the prerequisite to apply for the 300-hour TCTSY Certification Program with the Center for Trauma and Embodiment, there are NO prerequisites to attend this training.
- This training can stand alone as a general framework to apply within diverse contexts (clinical, medical, educational, humanitarian, personal inquiry, daily life, etc.) ALL are welcome.
* TCTSY Workshops/Trainings have a separate fee schedule from Emily’s Consultation Services and are most well suited for clinical settings, yoga studios, and larger systems (such as hospitals, mental health agencies, justice systems or shelters).
Other Workshop/In-Service Offerings:
- General education on how to make your program/facility more trauma-informed
- Perinatal Mental Health psycho-education for health care professionals (OBGYN’s, Midwives, Nurses, Psychiatrists, etc.) – *this can also be incorporated as a module in childbirth education classes or other postpartum supports
* Please email or call Emily directly: email@example.com (617) 410-8581 to inquire further.