- Offered through the Institute of Meditation and Psychotherapy and the Center for Mindfulness and Compassion
- Monday April 2nd, 6:30-8:30pm
- Harvard University, Smith Campus Center (Bock Room, 6th Floor)
- $15 (suggested donation); or $30 for clinicians looking to obtain CEU’s (2 CEU’s available)
Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY) is an adjunctive treatment for complex trauma that focuses on giving clients an opportunity to practice noticing body sensation (interoception) in the context of a safe relationship based on an invitational approach to yoga forms with no physical assists. TCTSY was recently listed in SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP). This workshop will be delivered in a lecture format with some optional chair based yoga, followed by time for Q&A.
At the end of this event, participants will be able to:
- Describe the theoretical underpinnings of Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY)
- Explain how TCTSY differs from other forms of yoga
- Describe how TCTSY has been successfully applied in various clinical treatment settings.