– Offered several times throughout the year. Inquire for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 410-8581
Workshop Description: Stress is something that we all encounter on some level at many different times in our lives. It is a normal physiological response to a real or perceived threat or challenge that disrupts the balance of our physical and mental well-being. Stress can accumulate over time leading to chronic stress and anxiety, affecting both the mind and the body. Research now suggests that in order to most effectively reduce stress and anxiety, the body must be involved in the healing process. In addition, the American Medical Association has noted that stress is the basic cause of more than 60% of all human illness and disease.
In this workshop participants will:
- Be provided with psycho-education on the physical, emotional, and neurobiological effects stress and anxiety have on the body
- Be guided through gentle, mindful, and intuitive yoga postures geared at reducing stress & anxiety and empowering the practitioner
- Settle the body and mind by exploring breathing techniques aimed at activating the body’s natural relaxation response
- Enjoy time allotted for restorative rest and yoga nidra – cleansing and detoxifying the body, mind and spirit.