To create a safe and compassionate space to explore the impacts of trauma through learning and connection.
To develop participants’ trauma informed lens through exploration of theoretical principals, and experiential participation and facilitation of trauma-sensitive movement-based practices.
- Understanding Complex Trauma and its Effects on the Body/Nervous System
- Theoretical Underpinnings: Trauma Theory (including Intersectionality); Attachment Theory; and Neuroscience
- TCTSY Methodology: 5 Core Elements and Domains of a TCTSY Class
- Therapeutic Applications of TCTSY and Clinical Considerations
- Trauma Sensitive Breath
- TCTSY Research Studies
Practice & Discussion:
- Participants can expect several opportunities to engage in trauma sensitive yoga practices to support integration and embodiment of this modality.
- There will also be time for small group practice-teach sessions to foster participants’ capacity to offer invitational, interoceptive, and choice-based language in the context of a trauma-sensitive movement-based practice.
Duration: This is a 20 hour workshop with 16 contact hours. The additional hours are accumulated through recommended pre/post-course reading and homework assignments.
This workshop can be adapted to support diverse contexts and professional needs.